Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Need Advice

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PennState95's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2004
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've got tickets to the Belle Vernon, PA show in Oct. I would love to meet the band to say "Thank You." SD has helped me in so many ways through the years. I'm a long time fan (since high school and I'm 33 now), seen them 3 times this tour. I'm just clueless on where to wait etc.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member joethale's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wait out back, by the bus.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member babyblue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2005
    Posts
    351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sure they would appreciate hearing that, you being a long-time fan and all.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PennState95's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2004
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks. It just seems like it should be more difficult. I guess I'm just nervous, but well worth a shot.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PennState95's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2004
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't mean to sound freaky. I mean, I'm just a bit of a nervous person by nature. I give presentations at work all the time, but still get the jitters. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member yeahsure's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know what Penn State means when it comes to wanting to tell an artist how much their work has meant, but I can also understand how the artist would have difficulty responding. I mean, what do you say to someone who has just told you that your art has moved/influenced/helped/saved them? My advice would be to meet him, get a picture and an autograph, and then, when you're ready to go, tell him in one or two sentences what the band has meant to you, then turn and leave and don't put him in the awkward position of having to respond. In the bullshit world of Hollywood tripe, he'd get all teary-eyed and the music would start and you'd make his day. But in real life, there are going to be other people around, everyone's adrenaline will be on overdrive, the bus will be humming, people will be talking, etc. Just get it out and blow out of there. I guarantee you he'll appreciate hearing AND really appreciate not having to give a reaction. Or hell, just write it in a letter and mail to his label. You'll be more eloquent and he can keep it in his little treasure box and re-read it when no one's around and he doesn't have to Badass Mike for everyone.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Pixeegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by yeahsure:
    Or hell, just write it in a letter and mail to his label. You'll be more eloquent and he can keep it in his little treasure box and re-read it when no one's around and he doesn't have to Badass Mike for everyone.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I'm sorry but that was crazy funny! Just sitting reading posts and that made me laugh! The kiids think I'm crazy now.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dont be nervous...these guys are just like you and me...and are very humble about this. its just their job, but they happen to be famous. Locate their tour bus around back and they will stop and talk to fans before they load up and head off to the next city. If you have anything you would like signed, or would like to take photos, my advice is leave it in your car until after the show because it will usually take them at least 30-45 minutes to exit the building and you have plenty of time to leave and come back. Dont be all star struck about it, remember, they bleed the same color as the rest of us.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Midwest Sick Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2005
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I met Jonny over by the merchandise table and him and Charlie were talking outside later, getting harrassed by a panhandler. I met Mike by the big black bus in the alley next to the venue.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member lostheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2004
    Posts
    480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I once heard this radio interview where Mike said that it weirds him out when people come on to him and tell him how his music influenced them, got them through rough times and the lot.
    I kept that in mind when I met the guys...
    If you wanna chat with them, ask them stuff you'd like to know and usually they'll ramble on!
    In the case of Jonny, ask him about his new amps...that will get him going, since he loves them dearly!!!
    Mike is very polite and not a man of many words, but everytime I met him before or after the show, he signed all the stuff and took photos with everyone.
    Chances are high that you'll forget what to tell him anyways when he's standing right in front of you...
    Anyways...good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •